It’s almost over. Four days, one exam and a nine hour plane ride and I will be home!
Saturday I had my big Grammaire exam, the one that the entire semester was leading up to. I studied HARD CORE and I think it paid off. I didn’t do fantastic, and I’m already kicking myself for small mistakes I know I made, but I’m sure I did well enough to pass, so I’m content. I know that I learned a lot this past semester, and I hope the profs see that when they’re marking my exam. This afternoon I have my oral exam, and then it’s all over. I’m pretty nervous for this one, ‘cause oral’s not my strong point. I have enough trouble forming sentences in English…so it should be interesting trying to make stuff up on the spot in French. My prof is one of the people who mark me, and she seemed nice enough, so hopefully she’ll give me a passing grade.
Tuesday and Wednesday I’ll probably spend walking around the city, taking it all in for one last time. I’m definitely going to make a trip to the Latin Quarter and Montmartre again; those two are my favourite areas because they have so much character. They’re rich in history, and full of crowded streets with colourful shops. And I’m treating myself to one last amandine (almond tart) from a ritzy patisserie just up the hill from my apartment.
Thursday I’ll be doing laundry, cleaning and packing before room inspections. Then we’re heading off to the hotel (the Radisson!) to stay there for the night, since we have to be at the airport early Friday morning. We made sure we booked a hotel with a pool, and I am PSYCHED to go swimming! We’ll probably spend the night chilling and swapping photos, so I’ll have lots of pictures to show you all when I get home.
I’m absolutely itching to leave! I think it may have something to do with the fact that I’ve cooped myself up in my room for the past couple weeks to study, and now I’ve got more energy that I know what to do with. I wanna work, run around and get dirty! Even tree planting sounds appealing to me at this point.
However, I’ve definitely enjoyed Paris—it’s a beautiful city with tons of things to see and do, and I hope to come back with Jordan someday. But I’m a real sucker for Canada—for its food, for its friendly people, for its fields, forests and beaches. I’ve got so much to look forward to this summer, and I can’t wait to get started the minute I get back. Ok…maybe the day after. And I can’t wait to catch up with everyone again—to find out all the university gossip from my friends, to spend a Sunday afternoon at Grandma’s, to make fun of all the Hayhoe employees, to see the Burgsma’s new place and to be silly with my sisters (and Michael too of course). I can’t wait to see ALL of you!!!
Ok, so this is me officially signing off. My blogging days are over. And if you don’t mind, keep me in your prayers for safe travels on Friday. It’d be a shame to survive this long and then not get to drink an icecap ever again.
Je t’embrace, bisoux, ciao-ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment