I forgot to mention that while I was in Normandy I experienced my first bisou as we were leaving the JL Institute. A bisou is the French kiss (not the tongue kind!), where you gently hold the other person’s upper arms and kiss the air on either side of the face; it’s what friends do to say hello and goodbye. I wasn’t expecting it to happen at all, so when the girl leaned towards me, as if for a hug, I went in for the whole big arms around the back, good old North American hug, while she did the delicate hands on the arms thing, and needless to say…it was an awkward moment. I screwed up my first bisou. From now on I will be delicate and proper and keep my arms to myself.
So for today’s French lesson, here’s something you can yell to your friends as you pass them in the hallway at school:
groses bisoux! [kisses!]
4 comments:
Donner-moi un grosser bisoux!
quand je retourne!
Danielle! It looks like you're having a pretty awesome time! I'm looking forward to visiting, probably some time in mid to late april...
les bisoux... how interesting. oh well,dont feel bad about the whole bisou screw-up thing! like, i probably would have screwed it up too. But hey! Bisou,Shmisou, i perfer hugs. Well, im glad you're enjoying your stay in paris!
Post a Comment