Wednesday, January 23, 2008
First week of firsts
Hey everyone! Well I've officially survived my first week of life in Paris! I'm excited to be settling in and getting the hang of things, buecause it's been a crazy week of touring, adjusting and experiencing a lot of firsts. I had my first ride on the metro to go to Montmartre to see the Sacre Coeur and the Moulin Rouge, and have since ridden the metro a lot...like a pro. Just avoid eye contact and hold on to something tightly at all times! I also had my first taxi ride coming from the airport to the Fondation. I know, that's just loserish of me...but I'm from Aylmer where you're more likely to find a horse-and-buggy than a taxi. I was worried about how to hail a taxi in French if I haven't even done it in English, but apparently taxi translates quite easily to...."taxi". Phewf! This week we also walked from La Tour Eiffel all the way across Paris (it felt like it!) to Notre Dame and the Quartier Latin. There's so much to see along the Seine! Museums, palaces, obelisques, memorials, and rows and rows of huge, intricately carved stone buildings. I can't wait until we go into some of them, espeically the museums. I'm especially excited for the Musée d'Orsay, the Impressionist/Romantic art museum in an old train station. Tomorrow is registration day, and then a week later we start classes. I'll have been on vacation for almost 2 months before I start school again! Suckas!!! :o) just kidding, I hope all of you, where ever you are in the world, are having a great time in school or working. I miss you all, and can't wait to share more of my adventures with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
DANIELLE!!
Ah welcome to blogging...AND HELOO FRANCE! Glad to see you're doing well! :) much love!!
HEY Danielle!
Sounds sooo awesome! WOW, I can't believe you experienced all that in one week! You are going to have such a great time there I am so jealous :) haha... I'll have to see pictures when you get back and live vicariously through them.. lol
Hi Danielle, I am so excited for you and all the stuff you get to see and do. Enjoy this experience to the max. And don't worry a thing about your wedding plans. Your mom and I are taking care of things and we've changed your colour scheme to all white, it goes with everything and you can get some great paper napkins in white too! We figure you'll just be so radiant anyway that no other colour will be required. Nah, even I wouldn't do that to you! Have a great time and for heavens sake, try something new and interesting to eat over there, I hear escargo is a specialty!
Love ya!!
yay!!! sounds fun!
fantastic!!! (said in a very french manner)
Je t'aime beaucoup! To as mettre le feu a mon cour! donner-moi le bannane! a cote de! En francais! Jacques Cousteau!
Hey there Danielle!
This is so cool! It's great that we can communicate with you this way. Sounds like you have seen alot of interesting things already and there is so much more to see and do! Hope school won't be too much of a burden for you! Meanwhile, back here in Ontario, we shall all carry on with our mundane lives braving the snow and the cold! Love Mom
Post a Comment